Library Media Endorsement
The Gerald R. Sherratt Library offers library media online programs accessible to students from any location. Though the majority of students in the LM program are seeking Library Media Endorsement to become school librarians, we also have students seeking a Library Media minor or who take LM courses secondary to a general interest in librarianship or for transfer credit to other library programs. Students may complete a Master of Education degree with a library media emphasis or they may complete either a school library media undergraduate or Graduate Endorsement independently.
POINTS of DISTINCTION
- Practicum experience in public school library .
- All Library Media courses are accessible online with interactive components.
- All courses taught by full-time SUU faculty members/practicing librarians.
- Small class size provides excellent interaction with professor and other students.
Public school librarian and positions in private and small public libraries.
Personal interaction with teachers with broad experiences in public school libraries as well as academic and public libraries. SUU library print and electronic resources are available to off-campus students.
- Utah Educational Library Media Association (UELMA) regional and state activities
- SUU Friends of Library
- Service Learning activities in libraries