Marketing Bachelor's Degree Program
Prepare for your marketing career in an accredited business program
The role of marketing is becoming increasingly important to business success. Southern Utah University’s marketing degree prepares students with the most up-to-date marketing skills and knowledge to help them find an excellent career upon graduation. The Southern Utah University School of Business is accredited by AACSB, the top accrediting organization for business programs in the world. This puts SUU in the same category with other well-known business schools throughout the nation and world. The small class sizes offered at SUU allow marketing students to create strong mentorships with talented professors and open up opportunities for study abroad, internships, and jobs in the field of business or marketing. Southern Utah is a great place to study marketing because of the real-world experience students receive. Many local small businesses and on-campus departments seek out marketing students for jobs and internships related to marketing, market research and advertising. A marketing degree also prepares students for graduate school, many going on to pursue a master’s degree in business administration or marketing
Why Choose SUU for Marketing Studies?
- Students who study marketing at Southern Utah University not only learn traditional approaches to marketing, but also cutting-edge digital marketing skills including online advertising, social media, search engine optimization and other Internet-based marketing approaches.
- Southern Utah University’s School of Business, including the marketing bachelor’s degree program, is accredited by AACSB, the top international accrediting organization for business programs.
- SUU’s School of Business has partnerships with 15 universities throughout the world. Specifically, marketing students have the chance to study luxury-brand marketing in Paris.
- Marketing students at SUU participate in many hands-on projects gaining real world marketing and business experience. Many students complete internships for credit or work in marketing jobs on-campus or in the community.
Career and Salary Potential for Marketing Graduates
A degree in marketing can lead to a broad range of careers. Common jobs include market research, social media management, advertising, sales, product analyst and retail management. A marketing degree from Southern Utah University also prepares students for possible graduate degrees such as a Master’s of Business Administration or a Master’s of Science in Marketing. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics provides the following information about several of these positions:
|Position||Median Annual Salary||Anticipated Career Growth through 2022|
|Market Research Analyst||$60,300||32% (much faster than average)|
|Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers||$115,750||12%|
Campus Opportunities for Marketing Majors
- Collegiate DECA
- Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
- Professional Business Leaders
- SUU Public Relations Club
Marketing Courses You May Take
- Buyer Behavior — Examine the influences on consumer and organizational buying behavior and how it affects marketing.
- Marketing Principles — Analyze problems and concepts concerned with the distribution of goods from producer to consumer. This includes market research, product planning, pricing and promotion.
- Market Research & Strategy — Develop skills in survey research methods and learn how to use data to create a strategic plan of action for marketing purposes.
Other Programs to Check Out
Find Out More
Tyler Stillman, Professor of Marketing