College of Performing and Visual Arts

Academic Advising for Prospective CPVA Students

If you're interested in the visual arts (for example, painting, graphic design, ceramics), or dance or music or theatre or in teaching any of those subjects at the high school level, the College of Performing and Visual Arts (CPVA) is the right place.

To find out more about the requirements for the major you're interested in, send me an email. Let me know your major and if you're a new freshman or a transfer student.

If you don't know where the Academic Advisement Offices are located, come to the Sharwan Smith Center second level. My office is ST 205Q, just ask the receptionist as you enter.

If you're interested in film, though SUU doesn't offer a major in film, it is possible to earn a bachelor's degree at SUU which will prepare you very well to enter a professional film-making program. There are several possible approaches. Which one you take depends your primary interest: directing, production, writing or the business of film making. Email me for more information or email the advisor for Humanities.