College of Performing and Visual Arts

Academic Advising

Evaluate Transfer Credits:

The SUU registrar evaluates transfer credits. After your transfer transcript has been entered in SUU's Banner system, you can check online to see which courses are equivalent to SUU courses and which are accepted as electives.
Most General Education classes do transfer as equivalents. Note that SUU requires a lab with the physical science. Not all transfer students will have that. You may need to take another physical science class and lab at SUU. Check with me if you have a question.

Many courses, but not all, in Art & Design, Dance, Music and Theatre are accepted as equivalents. The final decision is made by the chair of the relevant department.

Students who transfer an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree from a Utah college or university have completed the General Education requirements. Associate degrees from institutions outside the state are evaluated individually.
If you have questions about whether a particular transfer course will be accepted as equivalent, contact the advising office.