Service Leader Positions
The following Service Leader positions are open for the 2015-16 school year. Applications will be accepted online for five open positions through noon, Thursday, September 8.
All Service Leaders are required to:
- Spend two hours per week in the Center providing office coverage, preparing for your program, working on projects, familiarizing self with local opportunities, etc.
- Attend weekly staff meeting, Wednesdays from 5-6 pm (credit available)
- Attend a Service Leader Retreat, January 2-3, 2017
- Assist with Center events; Volunteer Fair, Thank You Reception, and others
- Service Leaders are provided with a $250 bookstore stipend, a couple of cool shirts and a great leadership and personal development experience
Alternative Breaks (two spring break positions)
- Plan and carryout, with the help of the ASB advisor(s), all aspects of the alternative break including fundraising, student recruitment and training, travel arrangements, liability management, on-site activity planning, etc.
- May include coordinating with Habitat for Humanity, Via International, IVHQ or other service organizations
Paiute Center Tutoring (one position)
- Coordinate with local Paiute Center to assist with reading help/tutoring four afternoons per week
- Recruit and orient SUU student volunteers to assist with tutoring
- Assist with incentive programs for Paiute youth
Special Olympics (two positions)
- Coordinate with local Special Olympic leaders
- Recruit, orient and oversee SUU student volunteers
- Hold weekly or every other week activities/practices