Building on a foundation of extraordinary vision by a community who gave all they had — even mortgaging their homes — to bring higher education to southern Utah, The Campaign for Southern Utah University marks an exciting turning point in University history and propelling SUU forward into an ambitious future.
Our $100 million goal includes carefully selected priorities across the University that will take SUU to new heights of excellence as we empower students in their individual pursuits as productive citizens, responsible leaders, high achievers and lifelong learners.
Southern Utah University invites you to join us in this bold and rewarding endeavor, which promises so much for our students, our campus and our community at large.
Our most recent strides toward that goal include:
- $6 million from the Sorenson Legacy Foundation to name the Beverley Taylor Sorenson Center for the Arts and funding for the artsFUSION program
- $5 million from the Ralph and Betty Engelstad Family Foundation of Las Vegas, Nevada, for the New Shakespeare Theatre and Festival outreach programs
- $4 million from the Walter Maxwell Gibson family to name the Walter Maxwell Gibson College of Science & Engineering
- $3 million from D. Eldon Lunt for the new Business Building
- $1.7 million from Maud Tucker on behalf of Rocki Alice and in memory of Frederick D. Trismen for the Southern Utah Museum of Art
- $1 million from Garth and Jerri Frehner for the Center for the Arts
- $1 million from Hyrum and Gail Smith for the new Shakespeare Globe Theatre
Campaign commitments as of Spring 2013: $88 Million
Thank you for supporting Southern Utah University’s rising future!