Department of Theatre Arts and Dance (TAD) classrooms encompass the studio, the stage, and the production laboratory to provide students ample opportunity to choreograph, design, create, and perform. Faculty, of national and international renown, pride themselves on creating deeply-personalized learning experiences dedicated to the development and future success of all our students. TAD offers liberal arts Bachelor degrees (BA/BS) in theatre and dance and a professional Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Theatre Design & Technology, Classical Acting, and Musical Theatre. TAD is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Dance (NASD).
- Theatre Audition Days are February 4 at SUU and February 11 at Corner Canyon High School in Draper Utah.
- Dance Placement and Scholarship Audition Days are February 4 at SUU and February 11 at Corner Canyon High School in Draper Utah.
- TAD Performance Dates 2016-2017 Season
Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night" Sept 29, 30, Oct 1, 3, 7, 2016 - 7:30 pm
"The Spitfire Grill" Nov 4, 5, 7, 11, 2016 - 7:30 pm, Matinees Nov 5, 12 - 2:00 pm
"Impact" An Original Student-Choreographed Dance Concert: Nov 30, Dec 1, 2, 3, 5, 2016 - 7:30 pm Matinee Dec 3 - 2 pm
"Five Women Wearing the Same Dress"/(Repertory) Jan 25, 27, 28, Feb 2, 2017 at 7:30 pm Matinee Feb 4 - 2:00 pm
- "The Laramie Project" (Repertory) Jan 26, 30 Feb 3, 4 at 7:30 pm and Jan 28 at 2 pm
- Die Fledermaus (Opera - collaboration with TAD and Music departments) March 2, 3, 4, 6, 2017 - 7:30 pm
"Body Project" An Original Faculty-Choreographed Dance Concert: April 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 2017 - 7:30 pm Matinee April 15 - 2:00 pm
- Southern Utah Day of Dance December 3, 2016 8 am to 6 pm
Day of Dance Registration Form
- Theatre and Dance Scholarship and Placement Audition Day on SUU Campus - February 4, 2017 AND February 11, 2017 at Corner Canyon High School in Draper, Utah
- SUU Alum Rhett Guter Receives Chicago Theatre Award Nomination for Choreography
- SUU Alumna Keala Settle in New Musical and New Film
Tiana Chambers (2016 graduate) recently accepted a position as the administrator for the National Dance Education Organization's National Honors Society for Dance Arts. Tiana works in the home office in Washington D.C and oversees all NHSDA chapters in high schools and universities throughout the US.
Emily O'Donnell has been invited to present at the annual conference of the National Dance Education Organization (NDEO) in Chicago, Illinois. She will be sharing her experience teaching an after-school program to children who would otherwise not have an opportunity to take dance lessons.
SUU students had the opportunity to dance in a short film of international renowned film director, and SUU alumnus, Mitsuyo Miyazaki. The film was choreographed by Kay Andersen, chair of the Department of Theatre and Dance. The film "Where We Begin" is a narrative dance film.
SUU students and faculty traveled to China to collaborate with the Hubei Opera and Dance Drama Theatre to participate in the "Dream of Helen", a celebration of the life of Helen Foster Snow.
Student Choreographer Rebecca Boizelle's "Watchmen" was chosen to be performed in the Gala at the 40th Anniversary North West Regional Festival of the American College Dance Festival (ACDF).
TAD Online Callboard and Production Calendar