Questions about Concurrent Enrollment

Posted: May 26, 2016 | Author: Southern Utah University | Read Time: 1 minutes

Students at graduationThe concurrent enrollment program makes college courses available to eligible high school students during their junior and senior years. Students earn both high school credit and college credit, which is recorded on a college transcript.

Who is able to take concurrent enrollment classes?
Concurrent enrollment is available for high school juniors and seniors.

How do I apply for concurrent enrollment?
Applicants will need to:

  • complete a Concurrent Enrollment admissions application for the first semester only;
  • pay the one-time, non-refundable application fee;
  • provide a copy of the high school transcript;
  • be of junior or senior standing in high school; and
  • have a minimum high school GPA of 3.0.

How are classes offered for concurrent enrollment?
Options include taking SUU courses at the students’ high school campus, courses at SUU, or online courses.

What happens after graduation from high school?
Students may apply to attend SUU as an undergraduate student after high school graduation by submitting a completed admissions application, high school transcript, and ACT scores. Once admitted as an undergraduate student, students are eligible for financial aid and scholarships. Students should complete the undergraduate application before the priority scholarship deadline. Complete information is found on the High School Senior page.

To take courses contact a high school counselor or the SUU Admissions Office.

This article was published more than 5 years ago and might contain outdated information or broken links. As a result, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed.

Tags: Blog High School

Related Posts