Faculty Web Grade Submission

Grading Instructions


If the course you wish to grade is missing from your list, or if the phrase "You Have No Assigned Sections for This Term" appears:

  • Confirm that you have selected the appropriate semester;
  • Re-check your course list;
  • If the course is still not available please contact the Registrar's office (contact information below).

Enter Grades

  1. NOTE - If you have grades calculated in CANVAS you may publish those grades directly to Banner.
  2. Use the drop-down menu next to the student's name to select the appropriate grade
  3. F vs. UW grades:
    1. A UW grade indicates that the student did not attend your course or did not complete enough work to be evaluated for a letter grade.
    2. YOU MUST ENTER THE LAST DATE OF ATTENDANCE when assigning a UW, formatted as MM/DD/YYYY.
    3. If the student never attended the course, please enter the first date of classes.
    4. An F grade indicates that the student completed the course and earned a failing grade.
    5. YOU MUST ENTER THE LAST DATE OF ATTENDANCE when assigning an F grade, formatted as MM/DD/YYYY.
  4. Ensure that you enter all grades on all pages. (The links for pages or record sets are above and below the roster.)
  5. Click "Submit" frequently to save your work

* If you have large grade rosters and/or are often interrupted, you may save your grades by clicking on "Submit" after every few grades entered. You may continue to enter or edit grades until the submission deadline. After the deadline, grades will be entered onto the students' permanent academic records—indicated by a "Y" next to the roster grade box. After this time an instructor must submit a grade change card to the Registrar's Office to make grade adjustments. Please double-check your work and save before signing-off.

Please note that if you are using the grade submission functionality from CANVAS you will still need to log into Banner and both enter any F or UW grades with their final date of attendance and submit your grades.

Please note that "I" grades may not be entered via the web. They must be submitted through the online Incomplete Contract Form.

The grade of "T" or "NR" is available for graduate capstone/thesis courses for students who have not completed their projects/papers within the term dates. Please see Policy #6.13: Grading for more information.

If you would like to verify the submission of all your grades prior to leaving campus, contact the Registrar's Office at 435-586-7715.

Contact Information

If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the Registrar's Office at 435-586-7715.