Native American Student Association President Welcomes Everyone

Posted: October 24, 2019 | Author: Savannah Byers | Read Time: 1 minutes

Morgan WhiskersMorgan Whiskers was born in Cedar City, Utah, but raised in Phoenix, Arizona. Both of her biological parents encouraged her to attend their alma mater, Southern Utah University. In 2017, Whiskers moved to southern Utah to begin her adventure. 

“I liked how small the campus and class sizes were,” Whiskers said. “I also liked how the professors get to know you personally. You always have the opportunity to talk to your professors one-on-one.” 

Prior to her freshman year, Whiskers took a personalized campus tour. The tour stopped by the Center for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI), and she was able to learn about the Native American Student Association (NASA)

“My second semester of my freshman year, I started coming to the CDI more often and I got more involved with NASA,” Whiskers said. “I got to know people more, and started hanging out in the CDI more often.”

Whiskers joined NASA’s presidency in the fall of 2018 as vice president, and will now be the club president for the 2019-2020 school year. 

She enjoys planning and participating in the many events throughout the school year. Each November, NASA hosts several events in honor of Native American Heritage Month. NASA also hosts Miss Native American SUU, and the annual Pow-Wow, which celebrated 40 years in 2019. 

Whiskers is grateful for both the CDI and NASA for welcoming her on campus. 

“The CDI is family. We all care about and prioritize one another,” Whiskers said. “Everyone is welcome to join any of the clubs. The CDI is for everyone.” 

NASA meets at 6 p.m. every Tuesday in the Center for Diversity and Inclusion at SUU. Learn more about the NASA.

Tags: Clubs Center for Diversity and Inclusion