What Does It Mean to be a College Graduate?

Posted: July 20, 2022 | Author: Sayre Davis | Read Time: 2 minutes

What does it mean to be a college graduate?When considering if you should attend college and get a degree, what points make you feel it is necessary? One of the most common thoughts is that obtaining a college degree will raise your earning potential. This is true, however, there are many things that being a college graduate implies and means. Additionally, many students find that being a graduate brings a huge sense of accomplishment. And having a sense of fulfillment and accomplishment can build your sense of purpose.

“Yes, earning a degree has definitely helped me,” said Haleigh Clemens, online student at SUU. “The skills I learned during my program made me much more confident and feel capable of starting my business. The education I received was exactly what I needed to apply to real-life work for my clients.”

Many times if you ask someone if college is necessary they will say no, however this can not be farther from the truth. The world today is looking for individuals who are going to lead and change the future, and that is exactly how SUU prepares students. Many times employers will see that you are a college graduate and take away that you can do hard things. Now that college has become even more of a rare commodity, it becomes even more meaningful to have. Often, if an employee has a degree, their starting pay automatically increases, which is a huge advantage to you as a college graduate.

SUU’s online programs allow all individuals to have this life-changing opportunity and earn a degree from anywhere. Whether that's in Germany or New York, (which we have students in both) you can get your bachelor’s degree or your master’s degree in an affordable and flexible way.

SUU’s latest endeavor to make a college degree more accessible is the
Bachelor of General Studies program. With the BGS program, students can earn a degree for under $9,000. It is one of the most affordable degrees in the U.S. and is one of the best opportunities to change your life.

Produced by SUU Online
Wherever you are in your educational journey SUU can help you reach your goals. SUU's online programs provide the flexibility you need and the affordability you want. Accelerate your career with the online degree that's right for you.

Tags: SUU Online