Aviation AAS Degree
Southern Utah University provides an Associate of Applied Science degree with two options: Rotor-Wing (helicopter) Pilot and Fixed Wing (airplane) Pilot. These tracks share a common core of both general education and aviation core courses. We are a part 61 flight school with specialized flight labs involving various aircraft housed at the Cedar City Airport.
Students interested in the SUU AAS degree in Aviation should:
- Submit an Aviation/Aerospace Technology admission application to SUU
- Pay the $50 application fee
- Submit high school transcript or GED scores
- Submit official college transcripts for all colleges and universities attended
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid online at www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- Include SUU, school code 0036478, on the application
- Military veterans should apply for benefits online at www.gibill.va.gov
Students will be required to take Accuplacer tests for math and English courses prior to registration for those courses, unless transferring credits from another accredited institution. The SUU test may be taken on the SUU campus or on another campus with authorization from the SUU Testing Center.
For more information or assistance, contact us.