What You Need to File Your Taxes

Posted: February 01, 2018 | Author: Southern Utah University | Read Time: 1 minutes

What to bring to make filing taxes easierVolunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) is giving back to the Cedar City community again this year. VITA is a student run organization that prepares tax returns for anyone who makes $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities, the elderly and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance, all for free.
It’s a great opportunity for students at Southern Utah University to gain tax experience while helping the community. VITA is open Monday through Thursday from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in room BU 207 and is a first come first served basis.
If you want your tax return completed by VITA, here is a list of what you need to bring with you:
  • Proof of identification (photo ID)
  • Original copy of social security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
  • An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
  • Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
  • Proof of bank account routing and account numbers if desiring direct deposit (such as a blank check)
  • Total amount spent on tuition and books during the tax year, if applicable
  • Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099), if applicable
  • Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social
  • Security number or business Employer Identification Number, if applicable
  • Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
If you have any additional questions, contact the SUU School of Business.

Tags: Cedar City Blog Campus Resources School of Business

Related Posts