The College Tour at SUU: Sam Nelson

Posted: July 13, 2022 | Author: Southern Utah University | Read Time: 2 minutes

The College Tour: Sam NelsonAs a dancer and choreographer, Sam Nelson is no stranger to the camera. Nelson was excited to be featured in Southern Utah University’s episode of The College Tour, a new national TV series that provides a closer look at the heart of college campuses across the country. SUU is the first Utah campus to be featured.

Nelson’s segment of the episode focuses on his experience as an online student based in Burbank, California. Because of the touch and go circumstances of working as a dancer and choreographer, he needed a degree program that was flexible with his schedule.

“As high school graduation was approaching, I knew that I was going to face a really, really tough decision,” said Nelson. “I had to decide whether I wanted to move to LA to pursue my career in dance, or if I wanted to go to school, but luckily I didn’t have to make that choice. My brother was actually able to recommend the online degree program to me at SUU.”

In addition to taking advantage of the online program, Nelson also chose to complete his bachelor’s degree in three years with SUU’s three-year degree program. The three-year degree program extends the traditional shortened summer semester to offer three full semesters per year (spring, summer, fall) as an option to expedite degree programs from the traditional four years to three years.

Nelson is studying business management and hopes to one day merge his two passions and start a professional dance studio or national dance convention.

“I would be nowhere near as far along in my education or in my career if it wasn’t for SUU,” Nelson said.

SUU’s episode of The College Tour aired on August 19, 2021 and is available to watch on YouTube, Amazon Prime and The College Tour website. The episode features ten students from different corners of campus, each offering their own story about SUU. Learn more about The College Tour students.

Tags: The College Tour School of Business SUU Online