Concurrent Enrollment General Information

Check out this slideshow to learn more about what Concurrent Enrollment is and how it works. Information for new and returning students to concurrent enrollment.

Academic Standing

  • Students must maintain a minimum SUU GPA of 2.0 to continue taking concurrent enrollment classes.
  • If a student falls below 2.0 it can affect their applications to universities as a regular student, or the status of the incoming student (for example, a student may be put on probation, not accepted, or have a scholarship revoked).
  • CE students are not permitted to repeat a university course while in high school under the Concurrent Enrollment Program. CE students cannot receive an incomplete.
  • SUU policies pertaining to academic honesty and plagiarism apply to CE students – if a student is caught plagiarizing it is grounds for failing the course and/or being excused from the Concurrent Enrollment program.

Diversity and Inclusion

All high school students who qualify (based on being enrolled in a Utah high school or charter school and grades/transcripts) are welcome at Southern Utah University regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, socio-economic status, or disability. Additionally, Social Security Numbers (SSN’s) are not required for enrollment in this program. For more information, see our websites about diversity and the resources offered to undocumented students.


The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. Under FERPA, parents have specific rights regarding their children's educational records, these rights transfer to the student upon reaching the age of 18 or attending a school beyond the high school level. For more specific information about these rights and how they apply to you as a parent or guardian, please visit FERPA .

Withdrawing from a CE Course

Students must officially drop a course by the specified deadline. Withdrawing from a high school course doesn't automatically drop the corresponding college course. Prior to making this decision, students should discuss with their high school CE representative and the SUU CE Office.  The Drop Deadline is the last day to withdraw without a “W” on your transcript.

If a student drops a course after the set deadline, they will receive a "W" grade. This grade stays on your transcripts but does not affect your GPA. Students should consult with their parents and counselor before dropping a course after the deadline to avoid a "W" grade.

An Unofficial Withdrawal (UW) occurs when a student stops attending a course and ceases coursework without formally dropping the course. A “UW” affects the student's GPA equal to an F grade. Prior to such a decision, students should meet with the CE Academic Advisor and their high school counselor. If a student withdraws from a course without proper communication with the teacher, high school counselor, and the CE office at SUU, they'll bear all consequences.

If a student has a “UW” on their transcript due to unforeseen medical issues or other exceptional circumstances they feel should be considered, please fill out this form:

Form link here: 

This form should then be submitted by the student's counselor or advisor to