NOTE: Evacuation is a procedure of relocating occupants, from an unsafe area, to an area of safety, as quickly and efficiently as possible. Evacuation from buildings should be through the nearest unobstructed exit-way, leading to the exterior of the building. If the regular route is blocked, use an alternate route. No one is exempt from leaving the building.
Notification will be by runner, telephone/radio, or fire alarm.
- Follow instructor's direction.
- Follow evacuation routes and procedures.
Be familiar with emergency procedures.
- Accept emergency assignments.
- Teach students procedures.
- Visual search in the event of a bomb threat.
- See that doors and windows are locked.
- When evacuating, account for students, support staff, and visitors.
- Keep the group together, maintain order, and provide emotional support.
- Do not allow anyone to return to the building after evacuation.
- When necessary provide first aid.
- Provide for the safety and protection of faculty, staff, students and visitors during an emergency.
- Implement, direct, and coordinate emergency operation procedures.
- Coordinate with other emergency response agencies.
- When necessary determine to do one of the following:
- Keep the university in session.
- Close some areas of the university.
- Close the university.
- Provide necessary training.