CRIMINAL OFFENSES: (CIVIL DISTURBANCE, INTRUDER, HOSTAGE, KIDNAPPING SITUATIONS, ACTIVE SHOOTER)
WARNING: Do NOT sound fire alarm, notification to campus will be through telephone, siren or runner.
Run, Hide, Fight
- Run if can do so safely.
- Hide in a locked area if your not able to leave.
- Prepare to fight if needed.
- If in class follow instructor's direction.
Run, Hide, Fight
- If you can exit the building safely do so, do not run in a straight line, large groups move faster when not running. Put objects between you and the shooter.
- Lock classroom doors, cover openings, shut all windows. silence all media devices, barricaded room if possible.
- Prepare to fight if needed. This is dangerous, but depending on your situation, this could be your only choice.
- Account for students and guest. Call 911, provide location and number in the room.
- Once lookdown remain in place until law enforcement is on scene.
- Follow administrator's instructions.
- At the beginning of a potential or actual situation, obtain the following information:
- Exact location.
- When did the situation begin?
- Who is involved?
- Specifically, what is taking place?
- Identities and number of participants, if known.
- Call 911 and advise.
- Activate Command Center (EOC)
- Advise necessary administrative personnel.
- Isolate the incident and try to contain the disturbance to one area until the Police arrive.
- Do not let other non essential personnel enter the building.
- When the Police arrive, advise them of the situation, actions that have been taken, and follow their instructions. They will assume command.
- When appropriate, resume normal university functions.