The College Tour: Jessica Eddington

Posted: August 23, 2022 | Author: Southern Utah University | Read Time: 2 minutes

The College Tour: Jessica EddingtonOutdoor enthusiast Jessica Eddington was happy to be featured in Southern Utah University’s episode of The College Tour. Proud to attend the “University of the Parks,” Eddington relayed her exciting experiences as an outdoor recreation major at SUU. The College Tour is a new national TV series that provides a closer look at the heart of college campuses across the country. SUU was the first Utah campus to be featured.

Eddington’s segment of the episode talked about outdoor opportunities for SUU students. As an outdoor recreation major, Eddington has experienced a great deal of what SUU’s location and partnerships have to offer. From working at SUU Outdoors to spending an entire semester in Bryce Canyon National Park, Eddington enjoys taking advantage of every opportunity to experience the world’s greatest backyard.

“When I was deciding on a college to attend, I discovered SUU was offering a special adventurous 18-credit semester in Bryce Canyon National Park,” said Eddington. “ I spent my first semester will 11 other students living and working in Bryce Canyon, just an hour and a half away from campus. That semester set the stage for me to pursue an Outdoor Recreation degree.”

Because of its prime location, SUU partners with state and national parks and governmental organizations to create additional opportunities for students. It is through these partnerships that Eddington has been able to intern with the Intergovernmental Internship Cooperative (IIC).

“One summer, I led a unique crew the IIC created to work in our local community,” Eddington said. “We were the hands for a wide variety of projects left undone due to the pandemic. For 10 weeks, my crew and I spent every day outside working on these projects. We learned lots of new skills and grew as leaders while we served our community.”

SUU’s episode of The College Tour aired on August 19, 2021, and is available to watch on YouTube, Amazon Prime and The College Tour website. The episode features ten students from different corners of campus, each offering their own story about the university. Learn more about The College Tour students.

Tags: Outdoor Recreation The College Tour