Roger Seegmiller

Roger Seegmiller

Co-Founder and Chief Operations Officer for Integrated Lending Technologies

October 27th, 2020

11:30 AM - 12:20 PM

BUS 126

Roger Seegmiller is a Co-Founder and Chief Operations Officer for Integrated Lending Technologies, LLC. He graduated with honors from SUU with a degree in Business Administration and from BYU with an MBA. Roger has been twice honored by the State of Utah for his efforts as a volunteer in Public/Private partnerships. 

Your most recommended books for aspiring entrepreneurs:

• The Zigzag Principle, by Rich Christiansen
  • The Goal, by Eliyahu M. Goldratt

Best advice for aspiring entrepreneurs/favorite quote: 

• Find somebody who doesn’t think the same way that you do. If your partner has a different set of skills rather than the same skills you have, you have a better chance for success.

Three notable achievements:

• Having a good marriage and family life.
  • Starting and growing the business that I am in.
  • I always try to find a way to give back. I think that’s actually where true success is.

A most common mistake you observe in entrepreneurs/business:

• Thinking that marketing is the easy thing to do and the easy part of getting something started.

Areas that you feel most comfortable offering advice to students:

• I’m more process-oriented than most people. I think that being able to see where they are at, and where they want to be, and try to develop a plan to get there are probably my strengths.

Charitable interests; boards you serve on, etc.:

• As far as charities are concerned, most of it is SUU.
  • I’m very passionate about the Shakespeare festival and supporting theatrical and musical events in our communities. 

Video