Paul Terry

Paul Terry

President & CEO of Cedar Band Corporation

April 6th, 2021

11:30 AM - 12:20 PM

BUS 126

In less than five years, from April 2014, when the Board of Directors appointed Paul as President & CEO of Cedar Band Corporation (CBC), a Federally Chartered Corporation pursuant to Sec. 17 of the Indian Reorganization Act of 1934, through December 2018, Paul has initiated and led the turn-around efforts of CBC and its subsidiaries from $3.4M in revenue (with a $1M+ net loss) in FY14 to $71.6M in revenue (with a $15.5M net profit) in FY18. Paul manages the corporation pursuant to its charter of incorporation and bylaws, and all applicable Federal, state and tribal laws, and reports bi-monthly to the Board of Directors. He manages the general corporate affairs and governance; executive, administrative and operational management (legal, financial, HR, regulatory compliance, BD efforts, M&A activities, and partner relationships); and all other day-to-day operations of CBC and its nine subsidiaries.

My management mantra is guided by a core belief that I try to surround myself with the best and brightest minds, the most willing and initiative-driven team members, and colleagues and associates with the highest degree of moral and ethical traits, and then to fully support and sustain them in their respective areas of discipline and subject matter expertise. As the CEO, I am the chief executive officer, but also the chief entrepreneurial officer and chief ethical officer, so as I work daily to be the type of leader to my team that so many of my previously outstanding and exemplary CEO's have been to me, I also expect that my team trains, and then has patience with, me to be the type of CEO that I profess to be, and then expects the same high standards of competency, professionalism, work and personal ethics out of me, as I likewise expect out of them. I can only become a better CEO by continuing to intellectually and professionally raise the bar for myself on a daily basis, and then to drive myself to stretch to attain such a heightened bar.

Video