Entrepreneurship Speaker Series Logo

Patrick Henrie

Patrick Henrie

Recruiter for the Utah Army National Guard

January 25, 2022

11:30 AM - 12:20 PM

BUS 126

My name is Patrick Henrie. I’ve been trying to create ways to make money since I was in about 8th grade through various means and businesses. While I was attending SUU in 2012, I took a gamble, invested all the money I had at the time and quit my day job to start a full time retail store front firearm business and off-road repair/performance shop here in Cedar City that evolved and grew for 4.5 years before selling it. During that time I took advantage of the business idea contests through SUU while I was a student and was able to secure some additional funding to help that business and its subsidiaries off the ground. Since selling my primary income source, I have become a successful recruiter for the Utah Army National Guard; while it is the military at the end of the day, sales and customer service are the primary focus of this role. While I now work for the government, but can be eligible to retire in 4 years and will need to have income sources, I have continued to build additional side hustle businesses over the last few years in marketing, the fitness, fishing, hunting and outdoor industries and currently working on launching one in the construction industry hopefully this year as well

Video