Instructions for accepting an offered scholarship
Please choose a category for more options.
Freshman Priority Deadline- All Fall Semester applicants that complete the application for admission before March 1st each year will automatically be considered for academic scholarships. The application for admission requires the following: admissions application, application fee, official high school transcripts, and ACT/SAT scores.
Are you a nonresident student? Did one or both of your parents or grandparents graduate from SUU? If so, you may be eligible for the Alumni Legacy Scholarship. To apply, students must:
Please note: If you accept an Alumni Legacy Scholarship, you will not be eligible to gain Utah Residency. For more information, please contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships (435) 586-7735.
Alumni Legacy Scholarships awards are limited and will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis. The award is a four year renewable scholarship of $12,832 per year.
Specific legislation regarding the Alumni Legacy Scholarship.
The priority deadline for the Alumni Legacy Scholarship is March 1st each year. Apply.
Transfer Priority Deadline- All Fall Semester applicants that complete the application for admission before March 1 each year will automatically be considered for academic scholarships. The application for admission requires the following: admissions application, application fee, and official college transcripts.
International scholarships are available to new undergraduate students and can be obtained through the International Admissions Office.
To be considered you must complete the admissions process by May 1st.
Scholarship Housing is a partial housing award redeemable through the Dixie & Anne Leavitt Foundation. If awarded, the scholarship will cover 75% of your rent and you will be responsible for the remaining 25%. The amount of the rent and scholarship will not be known until you have been assigned an apartment by Leavitt Land. Applications for scholarship housing are accepted online starting November 1st with a priority deadline of December 31st for the upcoming academic year. The final deadline is March 1st. Please direct any questions or concerns to the SUU Financial Aid office at email@example.com or 435-586-7735.
The deadline for 2016-17 has passed. Applications are not being accepted at this time.
Some organizations offer educational funding which must be filtered through our office if you are receiving federal aid. Organizations that offer such funds may be (but are not limited to) the following: high schools, churches, employers, clubs to which you or your parents belong (Rotary, Elks, Daughters of the American Revolution, etc.), organizations for which you have done volunteer work, and possible future employers.
You may also seek private scholarships through web sites such as www.fastweb.com, https://www.chegg.com/scholarships or https://utahfutures.
If you would like to receive emails containing information on new scholarship opportunities, you can sign up for our New Scholarship Alert Listserve. The emails are sent out at random intervals to notify subscribers of new scholarship opportunities that may arise. To sign up, fill out the sign-up form.
This form is required for students with a scholarship who will be taking an approved leave of absence.
To receive occasional email alerts regarding new scholarships opportunities that you may be eligible for, sign up for our Scholarship Alert listserve.
The scholarship appeal process allows students to appeal a decision regarding their institutional scholarship. The appeal process provides an opportunity for students to explain extenuating circumstances that contributed to missed deadlines or failure to meet GPA requirements. This appeal cannot be used for scholarship housing or general scholarships.
Many of our scholarships would not be possible without the generous donations we receive from our donors. Read a list of our donors, as well as the scholarships to which they contribute.
For Faculty/Staff Only:
Scholarship Authorization Form