Legal Scholars at SUU
Legal Scholars is part of SUU's Legal Studies Program. It is designed to assist student with plans to become attorneys or paralegals. Any SUU student interested in a career in law may be part of Legal Scholars and its services and activities. The Program is offered through the Legal Studies Program in the Department of Political Science and Criminal Justice but is available to all students regardless of their majors.
Legal Scholars support includes:
- Enhanced advising
- Academic support including help from peer mentors
- Law School Admissions Workshop
- LSAT test preparation support
- Field trips to state Supreme Court, law school fairs, law offices, law schools
- Volunteer and internship opportunities
- Intramural mock trial competition
- Study abroad programs
- Leadership opportunities through student clubs & honor societies
- Speakers & job shadowing
Legal Scholars is coordinated by the Legal Studies Director. Prelaw and Paralegal Studies student should contact firstname.lastname@example.org and make an appointment to speak with the director about career and law school opportunities, as well as to register to be part of Legal Scholars.
Purple Cord Society
Legal Scholars who have outstanding scholarship and have been active in the program as members of the Legal Studies Student Association, participants in prelaw activities, and have been advised by the Legal Scholars Director may be eligible to receive a purple (color of law) cord to wear during graduation as a symbol of their involvement in Legal Scholars.