Transfer Student FAQ

  1. Send official transcripts to Admissions. Official transcripts must be submitted directly from the previous school(s) to SUU via: Electronic Transcript Service, such as: National Transcript Clearinghouse, Parchment, eScrip-Safe, etc.
  2. Once you are fully admitted, transfer articulation will find course descriptions and email them to the respective departments for review.
  3. You will receive a "Transfer Equivalency Letter" email once the articulation is complete. You will receive a separate email for each transcript that is articulated. Transcripts are processed in the order they are received once a student is admitted.
Students transferring credits from an international university must follow the steps outlined here:

Once you pay your enrollment deposit you will have access to DegreeWorks in the mySUU portal. DegreeWorks will show you how your transfer courses will apply toward your SUU degree requirements.

No. If you took a transfer course as  lower division, it will not count toward upper division.

The academic department reviews the course content and decides how a course should transfer.

Work with your academic advisor to see if a transfer credit appeal is appropriate.

It can take 1-3 weeks for processing from the time you are fully admitted to SUU.

You will need to work directly with the SUU Veterans Resource and Support Center.

You will need to work directly with your Student Success Advisor 

If you have additional questions about transfer articulation, please email us at  for domestic credits or  for international credits.