Transferring International Credits

To transfer international college credit to replace courses required for your degree at SUU you must have your transcripts evaluated and also provide a course syllabus in English for each class. All international college transcripts must be evaluated by an approved foreign credential evaluation company. SUU's preferred evaluation company is SpanTran. If you have already had your international transcript evaluated by a foreign credential company, please reference the list of approved companies below to see if we can accept them.

Transferring international college credit can happen in two ways:

To replace courses required for your degree at SUU:

  • Provide a course syllabus for each class you would like to have reviewed for transfer for course replacement
  • Submit the original international transcript evaluation and translated course syllabi to the International Admissions Office 
  • After reviewing the evaluation and course syllabi, SUU will determine which courses can be transferred as equivalent to SUU courses, and which can be transferred as elective credit

To receive elective credit ONLY for the courses you are transferring:

  • Please submit the original international transcript evaluation to the international admissions office along with a statement that you only want elective credit

Send Transcript Evaluations to:
Southern Utah University International Admissions
Office 351 W University Blvd. Cedar City, UT 84720

Send Course Syllabus to:
Jamie Orton