Students Talking on Campus

Travel Forms & Policies 

SUU requires all those taking part in university-authorized international travel to act in accordance with SUU travel policies. Adherence to these policies includes the submission of travel forms as outlined below. The forms listed below are for those taking part in outgoing SUU travel. Those incoming to SUU, whether on an exchange or otherwise, should not complete these forms. 

Questions regarding travel documentation can be sent to the Office of Learning Abroad ( or 


International Travel Registration

Students should submit the International Travel Registration form prior to going abroad. All required documents are uploaded and submitted via the International Travel Registration. Travel Registration documents are further explained here and individually listed and linked at the bottom of the webpage.   


International Travel Notification

Faculty and staff members should submit the International Travel Notification form. Needed forms are linked within the Notification form but are also available in the list at the bottom of the webpage. The travel request form (in the SUU portal) will be filled out by the Office of Learning Abroad on behalf of Program  Directors leading short-term studies abroad.

International Insurance

All those participating in university-authorized travel should purchase international insurance. As most standard insurances don't offer international coverage, this insurance is essential in case of an accident or medical emergency that may occur abroad. The cost of insurance is included in the program fee of short-term programs run through the Office of Learning Abroad, so those travelers do not need to purchase this insurance on their own. 

SUU has an international insurance policy agreement through CISI that is recommended for travelers. This insurance costs $59.37/month. Travelers may decide to purchase travel insurance from a different provider but should find one with equivalent coverage. 

Travel documents banner

Travel Documents

Listed below are documents that may be requested or referenced in the International Travel Registration or International Travel Notification forms. While all required documents will be easily accessible and can be submitted through the Registration and Notification forms, they are listed below to provide a quick reference for those traveling abroad.